Remember the 70/30 rule. Results are 70% diet and 30% working out.
What you put into your body is so important to help you achieve your fitness goals. Let me help guide you with a diet program that fits you!
- Protein and water are the ultimate sources of fuel for your muscles.
- Lean meats like chicken and fish provie 4 calories per gram of protein.
- Limit or avoid red meat to help keep your cholesterol and blood pressure low, keeps your heart healthy and
- THE best kind of carb to feed your body.
- Pasta (preferably whole wheat)
- Whole grains
- Potatoes (not the french-fried version)
- Nuts & seeds
Simple Carbs (i.e. BAD)
- White bread
- Packaged cereals
Fats are absolutely necessary for your body to function properly. Fats provide 9 calories of energy per gram, which is more than twice as much as carbs and protein.- Approximately 15-30% of your meal plan should be comprised of unsaturated fat from healthy sources. Proteins stay in your stomach for 2-3 hours, while fats last for 4-5 hours
- It takes 22 ounces of water to metabolie only 1 ounce of fat.
- Drink AT LEAST 64 to 80 ounces (8 to 10 full glasses) of water per day.
- If you wait unil you are thirsty to drink water, you are VERY dehydrated.
- Without proper hydration, you will not burn fat for energy. Instead, your body will breakdown muscle and become fatigued and turn it into fat.
- Without water during exercise, your body tires more easily and it will effect your performance.
- Though there are many different types of sports beverages out there, water is the ultimate sports drink.
- It is almost impossible to receive our daily needs through food alone.
- Taking vitamins and minerals help the body function on a higher and healthier level.
- Vitamin B1 helps the body convert carbs into energy, helping the heart and brain cells function properly.
- Vitamin C helps keep teeth and gums healthy, aids iron absorption and helps wounds heal. It also acts as an antioxidant.
- Iron helps carry the red blood cells through the body. If you are low in iron, you will have shortness of breath and fatigue more easily.